Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Former President Jimmy Carter - Is this Racism or a Political Difference?

Oh my goodness! Did Former President Jimmy Carter go there? Did he pull the "race card?"

Former President Jimmy Carter’s assertion that racism is behind much of the political opposition to President Obama marks a stunning moment in America’s centuries-old racial drama. Mr. Carter added perhaps the most serious charge on Tuesday when he said, “I live in the South and I’ve seen the South come a long way.” But, the former president added, “I think it’s bubbled up to the surface because of a belief among many white people not just in the South but around the country … that African-Americans are not qualified to lead this great country. It’s an abominable circumstance and grieves me and concerns me very deeply.”

Wow! I strongly believe Former President Jimmy Carter has basically stated what so many Americans have been thinking for so long. It seems as though the media has gone above and beyond to find fault in who this great nation has elected to lead.

No comments:

Post a Comment