Tuesday, October 27, 2009

5 Signs You May Be Dating a Gold Digger


There are two basic types of Gold Diggers out there; the women who don’t give a crap about you, and the women who give a teensy little bit about you. The first is only interested in herself and what she can acquire. The latter has more or less resigned herself to dating you because she thinks you’re the best she can do at this moment in time; she probably “likes you ok” but she will never love you.
Ideally, you want to avoid these chicks whenever possible. Unfortunately, these women are usually a peg or two above their respective men in terms of looks, so the guys are usually too busy thanking God for their good fortune to notice how frequently Jane needs a new pair of shoes. These 5 signs will tell whether or not she’s into you, or just your money. While there are certainly exceptions to every rule, and most actions are open to interpretation, they do serve as a general rule of thumb.


1. She only knocks boots after you’ve bought something for her.

This is the Gold Diggers way of repaying you. It’s also her way of classically conditioning you: You have to pay before you can play. Depending on your financial status, this may be something as small as dinner in a moderately priced restaurant, or it may mean jewelry is required before she’ll drop her knickers. Either way, she’s your own personal call-girl, whether you realize it or not.

2. She has a temper tantrum if you refuse to buy something for her.

This sounds obvious, but it’s a very common with gold diggers. The tantrum may be subtle – giving you the silent treatment, for example – but it tends to start at the moment of refusal and lasts until your next purchase.

3. She only suggests expensive restaurants, hotels, etc.

If she’s too good for the occasional burger, this girl is a gold digger. Mind you, that’s metaphorical; there are plenty of vegan gold diggers out there, believe it or not. The point is, she never selects a destination that will be kind to your wallet.

4. She earns a very modest income, yet everything she owns is very expensive.

This is less obvious than it sounds. A good gold digger knows how to network, and she knows she needs some kind of job, lest she look like what she is. She’ll probably work part-time somewhere, and supplement her income with your donations. All those shoes, clothes, etc – you better believe she didn’t pay for them herself.

5. She never offers to pay the bill, not even her share.

Now… I have done articles on dates and who should pay; I fully believe a man should pay for the first date. Period. However, I also believe that a woman should always offer to pay for herself from the second date forward. Regardless of whether or not you agree with me, let me assure you that if she’s never offered to pay in any capacity, she’s a gold digger.

So now that I have shared these 5 signs with you, it's time to come to truths. Are you dating a Gold Digger? Or, if you are a lady reading this blog, do you think I have done an injustice to the female race of "Gold Diggers?"

1 comment:

  1. Very interesting topic. I think it was interesting to read because a actually found myself placed in certain categories you had but for maybe a slightly different reason than you stated relating to gold diggers. For example, if a guy wants to go somewhere to eat etc., I would rather go to a more expensive or at least quality place. It's not because I am a "gold digger" because if I know he can't afford it I would much rather go on a picnic of sorts than a greasy burger place (considering I am vegetarian). I wouldn't be upset if we couldn't go but I guess I would rather have fewer quality dates then quantity dates with a lousy atmosphere. Plus, I think that going to dinner at a nicer place shows that you both value each others company to a degree. I mean, like I said, I would be perfectly happy having a picnic or coffee. Those are nice casual things to do for a date of sorts. Another category I fit somewhat in is having a modest income and owning very expensive nice things. Okay, so although I can see how this could be a red flag and certainly something to at least be aware of, it doesn't automatically mean a girl is after your money. I think I would much rather have a few quality things that I really love and enjoy as opposed to lots of cheap things that don't last as long. That being said, I don't own a ton of things and I save in order to obtain things I really want. And the last category that I fit under sometimes is "she never offers to ay the bill, not even her share." So I think the thing with this one is that it sort of depends on the relationship and how things play out. I mean, I personally think that whoever asks you on a date should be the one to foot the bill. I've paid for plenty of dates because I was the one to ask someone out. I look at it as if you were inviting someone over to a party. Most of the time if you invite someone to a party you are the one paying for it. And I know there are different circumstances where there is an understanding that everyone "pitches in". And sometimes that is how it ends up in dating. I just think though that it creates a more casual approach to an relationship with another person. So Yeah, I don't view myself as a gold digger. I have never dated someone based on money and if I were to find someone who couldn't afford much I would alter my "ideals" to fit our situation. Sorry for the long post. I'm not really giving a critique of your article per se. I am just commenting that there is another side that you may have overlooked. :) Great post and keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete